Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Learn life lessons DAILY

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
-Mahatma Gandhi
"What did you learn at school today?" was the most common question asked by parents to you everyday. This helped you to let your mind go back from the beginning of the day to the end and recollect what all you learned and how knowledgeable you have become than a day ago. Learning is just not limited till the boundaries of the school. In fact, the greatest teacher is life itself. It teaches us things that no one else can and yet there are so many people who go through their life without asking themselves what have they learned today?


Life teaches us in the most unpredictable way possible, when you would least expect it. What really astonishes me is, these are lessons that you cannot learn otherwise. Not from movies, not from books but only if you experience it within yourself, when you could see it for yourself, when you could feel it.

I was out almost the whole day yesterday, lost in the city, trying to find out my way with a companion. Yes, we were on a mission but then what I went through the whole day was unexpected. I over think too much or I should say that I think way too deeply. I don't know whether that is a positive trait or not but then it makes me think about things that others may overlook. I'm though really grateful that I can slow down in life and appreciate the little things around me, could contemplate the beauty of life and always look at the brighter side of the world but then not most of the people around me can do that. Can YOU?





Ask yourself everyday before going to bed - "What did you learn today?"

Answering this can really change your life.

You will go through your entire day and recap your happenings, you shall think deeply and learn a lesson you would have overlooked it otherwise.

It would help you in learning from everything that you're experiencing.

It would help you stay positive throughout even in a difficult situation.

It would help you focus on your self-transformation and would allow you to develop more.
---
So, what did you learn today? Leave a comment below and let me know :)

Follow me on: Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Bloglovin

15 comments:

  1. I've learned the only person you know in yourself... people are rarely who the portray themselves to be...

    I learnef I want to be authentic... what you see is what you get... there is no facade with me ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "People are rarely who they portray themselves to be" - So true. I totally agree with this.

      Delete
  2. I just wanted to let you know that your post when you can't express your feelings, it touched me so much... I wrote a blog I am posting later tonight and I have your link there... I had a lot of inspiration last week and yours was one of the blogs, I hope you don't mind :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! Thank you so very much! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Sakshi, you are not alone in over thinking things I find myself doing it all the time. Taking time to stop and smell the coffee every once in a while as the saying goes is a good thing.

    Often when I am out running early in the morning I will stop to appreciate something as simple as a rabbit nibbling the grass or if I am lucky a bird of prey swooping in for the kill! Appreciating these things makes me feel humble and grounded.

    As I point out to my children we never stop learning.

    Also taking the time to look at what we have learned, however small, helps us to realize that things we may think are out of our reach actually aren't and it is only a matter of having the patience to learn the small things t achieve the larger goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debbie :)

      Good to know that i'm not alone and there are people that takes times and pay attention to the tiniest detail of life. Yes, appreciating things does make me feel humble and grounded too.

      I agree with each and every word you wrote. Thanks for the comment, felt nice ^.^

      Delete
  4. Great post. So positive and life-affirming. "The greatest teacher is life itself." So true. Just keep your eyes open and everywhere you'll see things you've never seen before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  5. Sakshi, as much as you feel blessed that I was inspired by your blog... I feel even more blessed that what you wrote touched me... anything that makes me feel these days is what I need... thank you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. To live in the moment, live for yourself, live only once

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad. A lesson learned daily surely goes a long way! :)

      Delete
  7. Well written Sakshi! Reflection is as necessary as the light falling on a mirror so that we can see who we actually , are. Isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reminded me of the optics class in physics :P
      Very nicely put up Palak.
      It surely is.

      Delete
  8. Quote:
    Ask yourself everyday before going to bed - "What did you learn today?"
    Answering this can really change your life.
    You will go through your entire day and recap your happenings, you shall think deeply and learn a lesson you would have overlooked it otherwise. - UNQUOTE

    In fact, this practice of contemplating over what happened during the day is also a way of 'NIDITYASANA.' The way it is done is just go through and see what happened during the day without judging the events, without making comments about them. That is 'to say YOU SEE' what happened during the day. That is enough. "To see is to be free." The very act of seeing things impacts the way you think about them, i.e. your perceptions about them. When perceptions change, your approach and behavior changes. One doesn't really have to ask the question," What did I learn today?"

    Once someone practices this for, say, about 3 weeks, it becomes habitual for him and things become easy. You witness yourself everyday and the act of witnessing changes things for you.

    Incidentally, one of the unintended consequences of asking a question like, "What did I learn today?" is the mind starting to work and interpreting things in a way it suits it and this needs to be avoided.

    Regards and best wishes.

    T N Neelakantan
    www.neel48.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Capture some sunshine *winks*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...