Saturday, 19 April 2014

How it feels: Falling in love for the second time

The first time you were in love was like a fairy tale. You were unhurt, not experienced, and accepted love with open arms but then it fell apart and you were left heartbroken. You hid under the blankets, cried for sleepless nights and ate countless tubs of chocolate ice cream to feel better but none of them quite worked. You couldn't understand what went wrong and how someone with which you planned your future is not a part of it anymore. You realize how people could stop meaning all sweet things they said to you and can easily break promises. You no longer know how to trust people anymore. You carry the lessons you learned and keep them in mind when you possibly love someone again.

The second time you fall in love with someone, you don't really fall. You walk, stop, check, hope, walk, doubt, stop, walk. You're more cautious. You already got your heart broken and cannot risk it for an another time but you're relieved, you're relieved because you can feel the butterflies in your stomach again and know that some one else loves you back again. You worry that your ex will find love sooner than you but then you remember and you can peacefully sleep while talking to this new person again.

You're now going to be a more sane person. The first time you became an insane monster not knowing how to act in various situations with all those powerful feelings but now you have grown and you have learned and you know what works and what doesn't. Although not perfectly.

You would always compare the first love with your second and that is okay. You will be judging and comparing each and every move just to make sure those mistakes are not repeated this time, weighing out all the negatives and the positives and being surprised how can you love a person this different than the last.

First love would be special. It gave you lessons to remember and taught you how to love. It is dreamy and far away from reality but once you get your heart broken you come into an isolated bubble where you want to stay out of reach. Then comes a person whom you would let inside the bubble making yourself vulnerable but this time you're mature and both of you rise in the bubble.

Ending this post with an image that perfectly describes it.


Also read: How it feels: Getting your heart broken for the second time

Follow me on: Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Bloglovin

34 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I could imagine the way you would have said it :D

      Delete
  2. Sakshi, I have not forgotten you... I had almost 100 blogs to catch up on..:)

    I was excited to see you wrote... you touched my heart and made me cry.

    I have only loved twice in my life and the second time I loved with my whole heart... not sure I can ever open it up again. It hurts so much and the alternative to being alone forever isn't very good either...

    I want to believe it can happen and that I can actually have someone do whatever it takes to prove to me that they love me... not sure I would recognize it and not push it away...

    I hope you have a really great Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is okay. I appreciate the effort that you read and comment on so many blogs. That is one thing I envy. Being a college student, I don't get time to be able to do this.

      " To love is to be vulnerable. "

      I hope you have an amazing Easter too :)

      Delete
    2. I guess being vunerable it too scary for me... the pain I have felt from this loss has been the deepest and most cutting pain I have ever felt.

      It's so bad that if I added up all my other pain together, it wouldn't come close to how I feel about this loss...this is why I don't sleep, this is why I'm sad.

      I wish it was easier to move on and say oh well.... instead I am sad all the time :-/

      Today should be less stressful so I can write to you and another blogger friend ;-)

      Launna ♡

      Delete
    3. I guess I have a lot of reading to do on your blog trying to figure out what exactly happened :O

      I again repeat, I'm always there to listen if you need someone or a shoulder to cry on.

      Don't stress on the email. Take your time. Just take care and be strong.

      Delete
  3. Wow, this one is awesome. Really like the blog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gold! and so full of hope..loved this :) The image at the end accentuates this post so well..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The picture summarizes it indeed very well. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  5. Coming over for the first time. And I am glad I stopped by. Such an honest post Sakshi. Loved every bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me happy. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  6. Liked this post. Awesome cartoon depiction. I believe in the redeeming and transforming power of love. Keep writing and capturing the sunshine :). All the best to you for life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. blogwalking kat sini. . . Jom baca artikel baru saya : http://blog3dalam1.blogspot.com/2014/04/tips-berkesan-untuk-menghilangkan-kulit.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cartoon, so true.

    It's been a long time since my first love, but it is the one I remember the most. Falling in love and getting hurt is an inevitable part of becoming who we are.

    Your post is so true, that first love is exciting and we tend to give our all. After that it is only natural that we become wary of getting hurt again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you and yes, the cartoon completely sums up my post. Glad to find it :D

      Delete
  9. This post has been selected for the Tangy Tuesday Picks this week. Thank You for an amazing post! Cheers! Keep Blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting!
    Reached here via Blogadda, and will read more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I look forward to hear what you have to say ^.^

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful writing....Love is gazing into each other eyes, but the problem is we never see eye to eye...see love in eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome post.. Beautifully described with these fun cartoon pictures..! Liked it.. <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  14. That comic is pretty cool...kind of like icing on one already delicious cake...
    icing being the comic..cake being the post :P :P

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  15. "To love at all is to be vulnerable." you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Pretty soon, there would be a sequel ;)

      Delete

Capture some sunshine *winks*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...