Wednesday, 23 April 2014

The Heart Of A Caged Bird




In a golden cage there lives a bird

that seems quite like no other
confined to the bars around her
eyes longing to see the world.

She dreams of soaring high in the sky
painting her wings in the crimson
hues of the sun rays
but her feet is tied, aren't wings meant to fly?

People travel from far and near
to claim this unusual bird
trying to possess and show off
making it merely an object.

She tries to sing out the song of freedom
but is choked with emotions
suffocated by the surroundings
but she won't ever give up.

One day, she would be a free bird
and all her wishes would come true
flying away from out of your reach
to a happy mystical land of peace.

Follow me on: Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Sakshi... this is beautiful... I feel like this caged bird... my cage is from my choices and one day I'd like to be free to fly off somewhere... ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it <3
      I hope you become a free bird soon.

      Delete
  2. Yes I do!
    But this is a lovely poem, Sakshi. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The poem is beautiful. And there are times when I wish I could just fly away from all the foolishness in my life and be free of everything too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone feels the same way at least once. In my experience, this is the best time to actually leave the nest and go somewhere to clear your head.

      Delete

Capture some sunshine *winks*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...