Tuesday, 9 September 2014

Book lover? Here are 10 things you could relate to


1. You care for the characters in the book:
No matter how much I tell myself that this is not real life, this is fiction and I should probably stop stressing about the situation they're in, it doesn't help. Whenever I read a book, even after I finish reading it, I will probably still think over the plot and the characters asking myself questions like: "why such bad things happen to good people?" or "go, go, tell her that you love her. Why aren't you?" because for me, they're real people. Don't you dare tell me that they aren't.

2. You hate movies based on books:
Because real talk. Let us just admit that those movies are no where near the book. It lost it's magic, lost more than half of the plot, lost the emotions and the feelings and the characters are not the images that you built up in your head.

3. You lose sleep:
Or skip your meal or both because you just want to read one more page and one more after till you complete the novel. You just can't keep the book down.

4. You don't loan out your books:
Who else can take care of your books like you do? You're also convinced that there are high chances that you won't get your book back and there is no way in the world that you're sharing the love of your life with anyone. You wished you could but you have lost a lot of books in this process and you don't want to experiment it further. 

5. Your friends know what to gift you at birthdays:
They know. They understand. They don't have to stress and worry about whether you would like the gift or not. A gift voucher of a bookstore and you're a happy man.

6. You love the smell of books:
Preferably older books. That musky smell has the power to turn you on. Why isn't this fragrance stored in a bottle yet? Somebody, please fund this idea.

7. Your room is full of books everywhere:
Buying books makes you ecstatic so you have an never ending supply of books that ultimately makes way into the bookshelves in your room which now also seems less. You need more shelves because there is no such thing as too many books.

8. E-books? Nah.
You hate e-books. Nothing and I repeat, nothing beats the joy of reading a paper book and enjoying the smell of the books. All you kindle lovers, do not argue.

9. You get annoyed when anyone tries to talk to you while you're reading:
That is rude. So rude. As rude as when someone tries to talk to you while you have headphones on. Can't they see that you're in an another world? So you look at them with sheer annoyance and hope they would quietly go away.

10. You love rain:
It is a perfect excuse to curl up under the blanket besides the window with a cup of hot coffee and a book. Ah! The bliss.

---

Are there any more things that you experience as a book reader and a lover? Share with me in the comments below! :)

Follow me on: Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Bloglovin

52 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you completely on that 8th point! Though hifi for the rest. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah. It's okay. Everyone has their choices. *hi-5* :D

      Delete
  2. aww great post. I am not a book lover. But your points are solid. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge book lover, and an e-book fanatic. Sorry, but we do exist. There is nothing like downloading a new book the moment it comes out. No lines at the book store. Hells, I can do it in class. Never got the whole smell things about books either, but the rest of the points are pretty solid. Especially #1. My friends laugh at me because I become really angry when series books are not in keeping with the characters, or forget points that they in previous books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone has their own opinions and preferences and I respect yours. I could relate with your story with the friends. They just don't understand.

      Delete
  4. number 7, 8, and 9! That's me! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm, i enjoy reading but i guess i'm not a book lover. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved books since I was a child. Treated the Hardy Boys like my elder brothers. Films can never capture a book totally. Just discovering the convenience of ebooks, but a real book is still much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so much agree. Its funny how we treat characters as if they are real people.

      Delete
  7. So true. E-books, forget it! I love the smell of books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a book lover and I can relate to some of these things. But I do love movies based on books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that they could live up to your expectations :)

      Delete
  9. I have always loved reading and that meant collecting books as well. I have some very old editions that I treat like they were my kids, lol. Book lovers share that passion, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It surely does. I still have books that I read as a kid :D

      Delete
  10. The points you have made make it sound kind of like a fetish.... And I have to agree! lol ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a bibliophile myself. I find salvation in the books when I feel down. Intelligent people like to read, no matter the advanced technologies that surround us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you hit on every point Sakshi... I am a book lover too. I used to read novels and I would have no idea what was going on around me... I would be lost in the characters... I miss reading, I really need to make time once my courses are over... Have a fun week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Managing time can be so difficult. I hope you get lost in the other world soon ;) Have a great week, you too :)

      Delete
  13. Sounds like me, lol! Although I have learnt to love ebooks. They are so much easier to keep tidy, clean and organized. And my friends don't know what to give me because they don't understand my taste in books. Or they give me something I've already read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer! Don'y you wish sometimes that you could meet people with the same taste in books as yours? Then you both could be instant friends. I know because I wish so :P

      Delete
  14. Being a book lover makes you more critical on movie renditions. You have a higher expectation as you are familiar with the flow of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Actually, I'm a writer with ebook and paperback format, in which, I usually read with my eBook reader. Well, also, I like the smell of new books, magazine, newspaper or boxes. I don't know why? For characters, well, as if I'm inside the story...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so right about all these. I hate ebooks too. I have ebooks here but I don't feel like reading them. It really is different when you get to flip real pages of a book.

    ReplyDelete
  17. All apply to me! I love books ...They transport you to a different world!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So true! I haven't really gotten into this whole e-book trend either; nothing replaces the feel of a good book. Cool blog! (:

    Lots of Love,
    Manpreet

    www.simplymblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally can relate to everything you said, but maybe not the rain part. Nothing beats the feeling of holding a book in the hand and reading it over some nice coffee! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The aroma of nicely blended coffee makes it even better :)

      Delete
  20. Not bad, I can consider myself as book lover, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. 2,5,8,9, and 10 describe me hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  22. And you don't mind being late because you just need to finish the book right away. Happened just a while a go to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't help but smile at this comment :)

      Delete
  23. Book lovers :) Usually I will use about 2 days to finish reading one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I complete a book in a single day :D

      Delete
  24. nice one....leaving number 4 i agree to all of them...:):)

    ReplyDelete
  25. i love reading books....especially in rainy season with cup of coffee

    KEEP IN TOUCH
    www.hairfashionbeautyblog.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete

Capture some sunshine *winks*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...