Monday, 13 October 2014

Dreams won't come true unless you WORK



When you listen to a motivational speech or read a self-help book, you would often find phrases like -

"Follow your dreams"

"Dream big"

"Don't stop dreaming until it comes true"

I find these sentences incomplete. I strongly believe that "Dreams won't work unless you do". Most of us get so busy in dreaming our future lives that we often forget that we would have to work hard to achieve what we are dreaming about.

Have you ever caught yourself daydreaming?

Lets be honest here for a minute,

Do you just make plans for the future?

OR

Bring those plans into action to reach one step closer to your goal?

Most importantly are you a DREAMER or a DO-ER?

The dreamers stare at the sky busy creating their future plans and goals while wearing rosy tinted glasses. They talk about it endlessly, with their best friend or their mother and make vision boards which makes them feel good about themselves.

While this helps in keeping people on track and remind them back and again about their goals when things go downhill, they become so occupied in their own world  that they fail to realize : "dreams don't come true just because you dream them."

You have to get your lazy ass out of your bed and your mind away from wandering again. You need to work hard and not get carried away again. You need to know the importance of time and forget what procrastination is.

Because while you're here making your vision board as pretty as possible and then watching T.V because you feel that you're now tired of too much work, there is someone out there in the world who is working that extra hour to improve on their skills.

Because while you're here laying down on the grass spending hours contemplating life, there is someone who is burning the midnight oil and working hard.

Because while you're here bragging about your goals to your mates in the bar and sipping cocktails, there is someone who is having a productive conversation and increasing their network.

I'll ask you the same question yet again: Are you a dreamer or a doer? 

It's hard work that creates change. It's the hard work that make things happen.

Follow me on: Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Bloglovin

43 comments:

  1. I have been both but now I like being a doer more ... I like to succeed at a dream instead of just talking about it all the time xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I always have said, knowing what you have to do is already a battle half won.

      Delete
  3. I can share a personal experience, a colleague of mine asked me to help her on a task, but she haven't started it herself, but when asked how she's doing on the task, she keeps looking at me and say, "help me!".

    Tired of the cycle, I decided to take the initiative and started. I ended up meeting people she is supposed to meet, and then scheduled succeeding meetings. In fact, we'll have a meeting tomorrow, now she realized that she always had plans/dreams how to go about it,but unless we take daily steps, we wouldn't arrive at the results we wanted. So, I could so relate, what the quote means. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the power of a quote. It strikes you hard and deep at unexpected times.

      Delete
  4. Dreams should always go with doing things to make it a reality. Dreams can be our goals and we have to take steps to reach it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a doer who dreams. Yes, it is important to do instead of dreaming,... but there are some things which don't happen that easily, and might put you all the way back if you "try too hard"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to be honest, I am a bit of both. I dream about becoming a bona fide genealogist but I am also studying towards a history degree. Although, I don't think my end goal will be attainable while I have a family to support. So I'm going to aim to become a teacher until I am able to follow my specific dream.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing you all the very best for all your future endeavors. *sends positivity along your way*

      Delete
  7. Frankly, there's nothing wrong with dreaming as long as you act on your dreams. Also, in fairness to motivational speakers and writers, we rarely mean - dream on! But, we all choose what we wish to act on. Stop by and check out Darren Rouse's video on my Monday Motivation Dreams post. Enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never said that it is. But just dreaming and not acting is all in vain :)

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember Britney Spears' song ''Work''. I think it is suitable to mention a few lines here: ''You want a hot body? You want a Bugatti?
    You want a Maserati? You better work
    You want a Lamborghini? Sippin' martinis?
    Look hot in a bikini? You better work
    You wanna live fancy? Live in a big mansion?
    Party in France?
    You better work''
    That is the essence of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an eye-opener. You can dream as many as you want but you should also start working for it for you to achieve those.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply put, a dream without a plan is just a dream, and a plan without actions is just a plan. Bottomline- need to work it:) Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Actually you have to be both. A dreamer and a Doer. Dream the biggest things, the ones that scare you even, and set off to do little things to get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Just dreaming and not acting is all in vain :)

      Delete
  13. Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Action has genius, power and magic in it. — Goethe

    Need to dream, find that dream and then do it!!
    I am doing that, just slow. But still moving.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Recently read few blogs posting up about this. Dream big, and work for it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Informative. I am really motivated to live both as a dreamer and a do-er. I will achieve my goals and I will let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You need a dream first in order to plan what to do to achieve that dream. You cannot just do and do routine stuff without a bigger dream to aim for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, but just dreaming and not acting is all in vain :)

      Delete
  17. I started with a dream...then I kept on dreaming while working my way for it. Great things start from small beginnings and that beginning is a "dream" once, you start to dream, you will be inspired to work for it until you achieve it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you were able to but I have seen people who spend their entire time just dreaming instead of laying the foundation with dreams and plans and work for it.

      Delete
  18. I am both. Sometimes I dream so far ahead of what I can achieve at the moment. However, I learned to map out what I need to do to make my dreams a reality. For me it is a great combination because my dreams fuel me I will never stop dreaming and doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sounds so good to hear. May this fire ignites on! :D

      Delete
  19. Like they say spelling of success is WORK! its important to set goals and them work hard towards them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am a dreamer AND a do-er. I used to be a dreamer until somebody told me that I am half-hearted. I've never stopped chasing and pinning my dreams since!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how we all learn, isn't it? :)

      Delete

Capture some sunshine *winks*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...