Wednesday, 1 October 2014

Positivity And Gratitude


I clicked this photograph a couple of hours back. When I transferred this photograph from my camera to my laptop, I had a chance to look at it more closely and what I realized was something unexpected. Since then when ever I see this photograph, it fills me with a deeper sense of bliss and gratitude.

 I feel blessed and content which in turn makes me a positive and a happier person.

I reached back home last night after 1.5 months away in the university and I'm the happiest being on this planet right now to finally be back home even if it is for a week. It is a huge sigh of relief. I was terribly home sick and craved the food that my mother makes. 

Have you felt this intense feeling of home sickness?


Talking about gratitude, in this photograph, there are books and my dog Scruffy, both of them are something that I love and it just made me realize how grateful I'm to have such things in life.

Then I looked at my life and saw all the wonderful things happening around me which go unnoticed because I look at the negative aspects. I then made a list of the things that i'm grateful of:

1. My parents who love me so much and I'm so blessed to have them. Who put me before anything else and how their life and mood completely depends on my life. The amount of sacrifice they do just because of me is incredible. I don't really know how would I ever be able to repay them back. I guess, there is just no comparison.

2. My amazing dog Scruffy whom I love to bits. The way he welcomes me to his kisses and cuddles. It is a true saying- "No one can love you the way a dog does."

3. I used to rant about how my phone doesn't stop ringing. I have deactivated accounts, blocked people, ignored messages and calls but who gets this amount of love? I don't understand why wasn't I allowing people to love me? They like me and care for me and here I was , not responding to their messages. I'm grateful for the amount of love I receive from my fellow mates.

4. My home, my room, my space, my belongings. The ability to call a place my own even though I live in a dorm most of the time. At least I know that miles away, there is my home where my family is waiting for me to make them proud.

....and the list goes on. Writing this has made me emotional and maybe I should stop as of now.

But you have to remember that there is something good always happening in your life and there would be always something that you're thankful for. You just need to look it at from an another point of view.

What are you grateful for today? :)

Follow me on: Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Bloglovin

16 comments:

  1. Sakshi, I am happy that you are able to go home for a week, we all need a break from time to time... and yest gratitude is a necessity, without we will never truly be happy... have a great week at home, have fun getting spoiled :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Oh yes, I live here like a princess ^.^

      Delete
  2. Gratitude opens up the universe for more blessings to come into our lives. Good for you to have this list to thank for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gratitude is a powerful tool indeed :)

      Delete
  3. Amazing post! Little thing make a huge difference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. feeling of gratitude most important,as the secret tells us to the same...nice post..keep up the good work...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home! I have to admit that, as an expat, I am not homesick any more. I am grateful for my life in London, and grateful because I am able to write, which is a huge luxury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear that you have settled well. London sounds pretty amazing :)

      Delete
  6. I've had that kind of experience too! It feels so amazing to look at something in your life and realize how lucky you are!
    -Angela

    http://blueskiesfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It surely is. Glad to share mutual feelings :)

      Delete
  7. Really great upbeat post! Good on you! It is hard to stay positive always, but your outlook is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have felt it, but sometimes it just confuses me. Meaning I am feeling it now when I am closer to home, than when I was studying for my BE degree pretty far from home. But I guess you are right...we have to be thankful for the little things in life...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What does it confuses you?

      We often take things for granted, being grateful for them helps us to feel the blessings in life enabling us to see the positives :)

      Delete

Capture some sunshine *winks*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...